Friday, July 27, 2007

A Quiet Friday Night

Ok, so I don't have a lot of time for blogging tonight, but I figured I ought to throw a up a list of links to friends' blogs (it's on the right), if your website isn't there, but you would like it to be, drop me a line or a comment to this post and I will make sure it gets added.

Between work and family, life has kept me very busy this week, but hopefully I will have something worthwhile to write about by the end of the weekend. In the meantime though, I figured I would update y'all on the music that's keeping me happy over the last week:

There are no new releases in this list, but they're new to me all the same: Woody Guthrie Sings Folks Songs, an album of American roots music by an American classic. If you have not listenend to "Mermaid Avenue" by Billy Bragg & Wilco, a collection of Woody Guthrie's unreleased music from later in his life, you ought to, it is fantastic. At work recently, I have had this concert on repeat:
The Grateful Dead, Live at Hollywood Palladium: 1971-08-06. Featuring solid playing by the whole band throughout, this show really highlights Jerry Garcia. If you only have time for one track, make it "Hard to Handle". Jerry's solo on this track gives me shivers. Finally, and admittedly this is a bit of a novelty album, I have been enjoying the album William Shatner put out in 2004, Has Been, produced and arranged by Ben Folds Five with guest appearances by Henry Rollins, Joe Jackson & Brad Paisley. Check out "Common People" and "I can't get behind that", and "Real".

Tomorrow we're heading to a fireworks extraviganza somewhere nearer the outskirts of Tokyo. Sarah has the specifics. I'll take some pictures and put them up there along with some commentary later this weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: